Store code is a unique identifier that Google My Business assigns to each business. A store code can be anything from the title of a site to a stray figure, as long as it stays identical to point to that location.
How Do You Find Your Store Code?
1. Sign In To Google My Business Account
2. Click on the “Info” Tab
3. Scroll down to the “Store Code” section
Here, you should see your store’s code listed next to your store’s name and address.
Why Do You Need Your Store Code?
Store code is an optional way to identify individual locations of businesses with multiple locations. If you have more than one location, each listing can have a unique store code.
Knowing the store codes for your listings can be helpful if you need to report a problem with a specific location to Google. If you don’t see a store code field when editing your business information, it’s because your business type doesn’t require one.
Only certain types of businesses are assigned store codes by GMB, such as retail stores, financial institutions, and hotels. If you manage a location-based business that falls into one of these categories, including the store code in your GMB listing can help customers find the exact location they’re looking for.
For example, if a customer is looking for the address and phone number of your bank’s main branch downtown, they can easily find this information by searching for your business and filtering by the “store code” field.
What Are The Uses Of Store Code?
- You can use your store code in Google My Business to connect your physical store with your online presence. This will help customers find your store more easily, and it will also help you track your store’s performance
- You can also use your store code to track metrics such as customer reviews and website clicks. By using your store code in Google My Business, you can better connect with customers and track the success of your business
- It is used to match businesses with the correct listing in search results
- Store code can also be used to track traffic to your listing from different sources
- With the help of Store Code, you can better understand how customers are finding your business and what listing channels are most effective
- Having a Store Code for your business is vital for optimizing your Google My Business listing
- Store Code helps you track where your traffic is coming from as well as gives you a unique identifier for easy management of multiple locations
- Most company owners use store codes to recognize your location while you run local catalog advertisements
How To Add Store Code In Google My Business Account?
If you have a physical business location, you can add your store code to your Google My Business account. This will help customers find your store more easily, and it will also give you insights into how customers are searching for your business.
1. Sign In To Your Google My Business Account
2. Click On The “Info Tab” On Sidebar
3. Scroll down to the “Address” section and click on the “Add Store Code”
4. Apply Your Store Code
Frequently Asked Question
1. Is the Store code feature in Google My Business Free?
Yes, the Store code feature In Google My Business Is completely Free. It is an optional way to identify individual locations of businesses with multiple locations.
2. What does store code mean in Google My Business?
store code is a unique identifier that Google My Business assigns to each business. A store code can be anything from the title of a site to a stray figure, as long as it stays identical to point to that location.
In some cases, businesses may have multiple locations and need to use different codes to keep track of all their sites. Store codes are especially helpful when businesses have moved or closed down and are no longer using the same address.
By inputting the new store code, businesses can ensure that their Google My Business listing is up-to-date and accurate.
Hello! I’m the founder of GMB Briefcase. I have 15 years of experience in SEO, Content Strategy, PR, and more. I love helping businesses grow and achieve their goals. My team and I are dedicated to providing top-tier service and support to our clients.